Saturday, December 1, 2012

Lincoln Cathedral

This is the first, and perhaps the last, post of a new blog that focuses on my monochrome photography.  If after a few months I still enjoy posting to it, it will continue.

Last weekend we went to Lincoln for an overnight stay.  It was my wife's birthday treat which included enjoying a performance of the Messiah in the Cathedral.  This present reminds me of the time when I bought a table tennis set for my sister's 12th birthday.  It was something I really wanted, less so my sister.  Fortunately, while Lincoln was a place I was really wanted to visit - my only previous visit was on a school trip in 1961 - Liz, my wife, enjoyed it too.  The Cathedral is one of the most magnificent mediaeval buildings in Europe and we were able to spend the Saturday afternoon exploring it and taking photographs.  


Cloisters - Lincoln Cathedral


This image was taken in the Cloisters.  With the high contrast lighting it was difficult getting the right exposure.  In the end I underexposed the image to prevent blow out of the highlights.  In the computer, the dark areas were given a boost to retain the detail.

No comments:

Post a Comment