Monday, December 3, 2012

Weir Side 1978

In my last posting, I published a fairly recent image of Weir Side, Marsden in the snow.  As I said, I had taken pictures from a similar position thirty years or more earlier.  This caused me to root through my old chemically developed black and white photos to see what I could find.  I have to confess the negatives were not of a very high quality, poor storage over the years had left several scratches, so the image presented has undergone quite a bit of repair in Lightroom.  Here's the result:


Weir Side, 1978
This was taken over 30 years before the picture in the last posting. As you can see they are very similar.  The building with a white side was a Cobbler's Shop.  Over time it has experienced an explosion and is now a dwelling.  As you can see, the street lights have been changed to create a more 'olde worlde' appearance.

No comments:

Post a Comment