Monday, December 31, 2012

Xmas in London

For the first time in over 30 years I spent Christmas away from home!  With my daughter tied by shift work as a nurse we took our presents and christmas fayre to enjoy the season in London.  London: my thoughts drifted back to the films and TV productions of Dickens's Christmas Carol and a snow laden city of years gone by.  How disappointed I was - it rained!  But after a wet Boxing day walk and a nice pint in the Southampton Arms in Highgate, I  meandered to Little Green Street across the road from the pub and captured an image that gets a little closer to that Dickensian London I was dreaming of before.


Little Green Street - Highgate
Handheld and at iso 1600, it is not the best of images.  I decided to apply a sepia filter and tone down the exposure around the street lamp.  As ever the light on wet cobbles never fails.

No comments:

Post a Comment